(Links are a courtesy for research, not 100% approved.)
CANCER, part 1
- BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM page.
- ULTIMATE LIVING health products from a cancer survivor.
- Cancer of the larynx (voice box) and possible causes. From the American Academy of Otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. Site quote: "Vitamin A and beta-carotene may play a protective role in the disease process."
- The links here do not mean there is a cure-all for any disease or
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
- For cancer news, cardiovascular and cellular health,articles on many different health studies, see Dr. Rath's main website!
Rath and cancer research, he also has a website called stopping cancer
naturally, click here. Quote: "Our research has shown that a
combination of vitamin C with the natural amino acids "lysine, proline"
and specific extracts from "green tea" can block the invasion of cancer
cells." (Note: this does not mean a cure-all).
Rath has a foundation site that includes information on how to protest
the "Codex" Alimentarius Commission that's been trying to ban vitamins
from public access and restrict their use.
- Folic acid deficiency may have link to colon cancer.
Miracle product, by cancer survivor Dee Simmons, who traveled around
the world to develop this and other Ultimate Living products. Seen
interviewed on Tri-State Christian tv, a TBN affiliate.
Cancer: Dr. Malkmus of Hallelujah Acres in Tennessee became cured of colon cancer years ago after going on a raw foods diet. He likes the carrot juicing and barley green, raw foods, etc. He's a Christian. www.hacres.com.
- Eye Cancer or Retinoblastoma from www.retinoblastoma.com.
- GE PET Scanner from GE Medical Systems,scanner for cancer patients.
- From cancer.gov, quotes: "The "antioxidants found in tea--called catechins" -- may selectively inhibit the growth of cancer (see Question 1). In laboratory studies using animals, catechins scavenged oxidants before cell damage occurred, reduced the number and size of tumors, and inhibited the growth of cancer cells (see Question 3).".
- From cancer.gov, quotes: "Coenzyme Q 10 is a compound that is made naturally in the body. The body uses it to promote cell growth and to protect cells from damage that could lead to cancer. It also may help protect the body from side effects of some cancer treatments (see Question 1 and Question 5)."
- Chemo, Radiation and Vitamin C: A relative used large doses of Vitamin C during chemo and radiation. This helped her to avoid bad side effects. Unfortunately she passed away, but she was successful in fighting the lymphoma for about 10 years.
Using Vitamin C may help to boost the immune system. Buffered C
sometimes called Ester-C or calcium ascorbate might help if a person
can't take the regular ascorbic acid, and make sure it's with
bioflavanoids. But since it's in calcium form, it should not be taken in large doses, because too much calcium with supplements plus food would not be good.
It would also be important to have acidophilus capsules, probiotics,
and maybe yogurt to put back the good bacterial or intestinal flora
that the radiation might damage. This is one of the essentials for a
healthy immune system, and why some people eat yogurt if they do not
have dairy problems.
- OTHER NOTES: An "Ionizing Air Filter" is good to make sure
there aren't contaminants in the air. A good "Water Filter" to get the
chlorine that's been known to be carcinogenic, and get rid of many
other contaminants including the possibility of heavy metals.
Please note that if you choose a distillation process for water
filtering, it's essential to "make sure you get enough vitamins and minerals" through other sources like natural health supplements and multi-vitamin and
mineral supplements, to make up the difference. Minerals are very
important for your health, including your heart. We usually have three types of water available, the distilled kind, the filtered kind and bottled spring water.
Our lungs require maybe 1/2 cup to 1 cup of water per day to stay
moist. And some people get a shower filter, too. Since our skin is the
largest organ of our body, it makes sense to protect it. Recent studies (1/07) say that chlorine in water and swimming pools can lead to certain types of cancer. You can check out places like
www.waterwise.com for filters, but many companies sell them.
- Dr. Arnold Smith's site, Cancer Center about Immunotherapy, including lung cancer info. and testimonials.
- From doctoryourself.com, studies on vitamin C for use as a natural form of chemo.
- From MSNBC news, quotes: "The spice "ginger" can kill ovarian cancer cells while the compound that makes peppers hot can shrink pancreatic tumors, researchers told a conference. Their studies add to a growing body of evidence that at least some popular spices might slow or prevent the growth of cancer."
- Quotes: "Scientists find how "green tea" fights cancer. Spanish and British scientists have discovered how green tea helps to prevent certain types of cancer....a compound called EGCG in green tea prevents cancer cells from growing by binding to a specific enzyme."
- The wonderful health benefits of "watermelon, with lycopene and other nutrients like B6, and beta carotene" helps reduce cholesterol; good for lungs and kidneys, anti-cancer. (Tomatoes are also rich in lycopene.)
- From swansonvitamins.com 8-31-06 quotes: "Silibinin, a flavanone of milk thistle, inhibits lung tumor growth in mice and “merits investigation as a chemo-preventive agent for suppressing lung cancer progression,” researchers wrote in a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute." (Note: Milk thistle is an herb, also known as Silimaryn, and is also known to be good for the liver.
- From diagnose-me.com about esophagus and head and neck cancers, including details, treatment, and health supplements (Vitamins A, C, E, Omega 3 oils, the mineral Selenium).
- Cancer Treatment Center of America's recipe cards.
- Cell Forte's IP6 enzymatic therapy for the immune system. for Swanson's and their brand name and other discounts. You can search there for IP6. They also have green powders and other immune system support products.
- From oasisofhope.com Oasis of Hope Hospital run by Christian Dr. Francisco Contreras have helped about 100,000 fight cancer, other ailments. He said laughter is important for the immune system, and they use music therapy. On Tristate Christian tv he also said that maybe 1 minute or so of laughter can help boost the immune system for about 6 hours, while becoming too angry can depress it for up to 24 hours. His latest book is on 20 ways to fight cancer.
On TBN June 2002, he said that malignant cells feed off of protein and fat. I'm don't know, but am assuming he meant saturated animal fats and not esssential fatty acids in other oils like olive oil, flaxseed oil, etc. that are important for good health. He puts his patients on vegetarian diets.
- A friend, though, 4-1/2 years into chemo treatments had a low iron count and was advised to eat some meat and take iron pills, and she also took Procrit. The treatments helped fight the cancer, but after too many years of treatments she needed blood transfusions before she died.
The chemo and maybe radiation eventually altered her body's ability to produce red blood cells (after about 4 years of part-time treatments). She did take time to recuperate in between treatments. She was into juicing and health foods and supplements at first, but one of her specialists discouraged her from the juicing. So many different opinions and alternatives made it hard to decide what to do.
She might have also been menopausal, so a hormonal imbalance compounded the problem. She also had some hereditary weaknesses (diabetic prone) that also could have affected her immune system.
- Ovarian Cancer: I am a survivor of ovarian cancer, that occurred about three decades ago. I didn't
go the usual traditional medical route, though, other than some surgery
to remove the damaged parts, and I didn't accept radical
surgery as a preventative. Back then I didn't have chemo or radiation.
I'm not recommending everyone to do exactly the same, since there are times when chemo and radiation can help if not overdone. I had a slow-growing type of cancer. I consulted with 4 doctors and prayed a lot on what to do.
The Lord led me to get radical spiritually and physically. I did my own
research. The surgery, a body cleansing diet, drawing closer to the Lord,
intercessory prayers, and also a mind renewal thru God's Word thru the
years, etc, to think and act more like Christ. Also went thru a
deliverance process which I felt was needed at that time in my life.
I was heavily into carrot juicing, and other kinds of veggie juices,
was extremely strict with my diet, eating mostly vegetarian meals, and avoided sweets. Living enzymes from raw foods, including the juices, is
extremely important. Whole foods are good, too, but the juices gives
one a higher concentration of nutrients that couldn't be eaten all at
once. Alot of what I did relates to Dr. Day and Anne Frahm and their
journies back to health, and back then the late Dr. Airola's "How to Get Well" book helped me a lot.
Thank God that in my case the cancer didn't recur, but for those who
die, I view it as part of God's eternal plan, and a reminder
that our real home, the everlasting one, is to be with God in
heaven. That's when they become totally healed body and soul.
- GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE: God cares in all circumstances, and Jesus suffered more than us. May people with cancer live to give God the glory, and if they die, God can use our lives as testimonies even after death. Some people get a miracle healinig here, others after they are with God in heaven. It's important to put the Lord first in our lives.
(Please note: natural remedies are promoted here, but not including any anti-Christian new age beliefs. Our family's been on the holistic side (not the new
age type) way from our grandmother on down to this generation. Hope you
find the help you're seeking. Enjoy your research. God bless! (firstname.lastname@example.org))